What Not to Say to a Pregnant Woman
Article by Joane Petrie, BabyNameGuide.com
My husband and I were talking about when we were expecting our first child and how excited we were. One day a family friend said, “WOW you’re really big, you must be ready to POP!” You can only imagine how depressed I was since I was only seven months along. It made me think, I’ve got two more months to go, how many more not so nice things am I going to hear. Every woman who has been, is or will be pregnant will run into that person that will say that thing that offends. I’m talking about that person who is trying to make a joke at your expense, insults you or has an opinion about YOUR pregnancy. So for all you ladies who are moms or moms to be, here is a list of some things that you never say to a pregnant woman. Some may be amusing and some are downright rude.
- Are you having twins?
- Who's the father?
- Does your husband know?
- Was this planned or was this an accident?
- I thought you were too old to have a baby.
- You know, there is such a thing as birth control.
- How bad are your stretch marks?
- You look like you're packing on some pounds.
- My goodness, even your butt's gotten bigger.
- Look everyone, I've got a six pack but my wife's got a keg.
- I hope the baby has your looks and his brains.
These are things that have been said to friends and family of mine. If you have any interesting things that someone has said to you while you were pregnant and you would like to share, we would love to hear from you. Write your comment below. BabyNameGuide.com